Monday, October 22, 2012

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE SUES DEBATE COMMITTEE TODAY



Last week, as I reported here - but most media ignored - Green Party presidential candidate Dr. Jill Stein, who'll appear on 85 percent of ballots on Election Day, was arrested while attempting to get into the presidential debates. 

Police detained her for hours for simply practicing her First Amendement rights.

Well, she apparently wasn't real happy about being arrested. Today, just hours ago, she filed a lawsuit against the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD), claiming that the CPD, Democratic National Committee, Republican National Committee, Federal Election Commission and Lynn University had deprived her of her constitutional rights to due process, equal protection, and free speech.

The lawsuit sought both an emergency court order enjoining tonight's CPD presidential debate from taking place, as well monetary damages. 

"Our constitution is supposed to protect us against manipulations of democracy of the kind scheduled tonight, and I hope the court will act now to stop this farce, but either way, we will keep up the fight, and one of these days American elections and our debates will be reclaimed by the American people," said Stein in the lawsuit.

Meanwhile, Free & Equal, a non-partisan civic organization, is hosting an alternative debate hosted by Larry King tomorrow featuring Stein, Gov. Gary Johnson (libertarian) and others. No major cable networks are carrying it. Americans can only see it on Al Jazeera and Russia Today. 

"It shouldn't be the case that the only TV networks bringing this debate to theAmerican people are based in countries whose political systems are even less democratic than our own," says Ben Manski, Stein's campaign manager. "The failure of CNN, MSNBC, and others to broadcast the debate only adds to the global perception that the United States doesn't live up to the democratic standards it professes."

Several petitions calling for more open debates have also been posted on Change.org, which I wrote about this recently for Newsweek/The Daily Beast. And more than 14,000 people have signed a statement calling on the CPD to change its criteria. 

Obviously it's too late for tonight's debate. But I frankly don't expect anything will change in the long-term, either. Debates should be more open. That's true democracy. More voices should be heard. It seems a no-brainer. 

3 comments:



  1. i already gave up on ever getting cured of HSV2 because i have try many treatment none of them work out for me i have go to different hospital they always tell me same thing there is no cure for herpes when i came across a post about Dr oyagu, in the net from a lady called Rebecca i contacted him and he reassured me with him herbal medicine which i took according to the way he instructed, that how i was cured. I doubted at first because i have been to a whole lot of reputable doctors, tried a lot of medicines but none was able to cure me. so i decided to listen to him and he commenced treatment, and under two weeks i was totally free from Herpes. i want to say a very big thank you to DR oyagu for what he has done in my life. feel free to leave him a message on email oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2348101755322..
    He can still be able to help you with this herbs medicine:
    1...ALS CURE/DIABETES CURE/EPILESY/HPV CURE/LUPUS/HEPATITIS/CANCER/GOUT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a pleasure for me to write this testimony about how i got my Genital Herpes cured a month ago. I have been reading so many comments of some people who were cured from various disease by this great Dr_ called, Dr_ Lucky  but i never believed them. I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try Dr_ Lucky then i contacted him through his email when i contacted him, he assured me 100℅ that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My treatment was a great success, he healed me just as he promised. He sent me he medication and ask me to go for check up after one week of taking the medication. I agreed with him i took this medication and want for check up, to my greatest surprise my result was negative after the treatment, i am really happy that i am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 3 weeks to be very sure i was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. So i guess its time i recommend anyone going through Herpes HSV-1 or HSV-2, HIV, HPV, Hepatitis B, Diabetes, Cancer, Etc. reach him through his Email: (drluckyherbalcure@gmail.com) WhatsApp. +2348154637647

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need ( remedy to Herpes virus )____________???????

    I highly recommend..

    Sure Treatment!!

    Please contact:

    Email Robinsonbucler [[@gmail….com]]…

    Thank YOU for reading!

    ReplyDelete